Jodi Picoult

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing 17 Elm Productivity Tools

Where do I start? The Gale/Cengage data bases are being used in my libraries. I haven't taken them one step further to add the RSS feeds before. I sincerely tried to get the feeds to work, but to no avail. I also viewed all the short videos and tried to do the step by step directions. I found lots of information on Youth smoking, but couldn't find one with a feed. I was successful at Page Composer, and even created a webpage with ProQuest (I think I like this one). I wasn't able to access a place to register with NetLibrary, but am still working on that one. I finally got to view the short video today and think I can use that resource. I have used Webinars before, and do check from time to see if something is available for me to use. I do use the ELM resources on a regular basis, both at work and at the public library. I think that I would use the ProQuest article web page maker and share that via email with colleagues in order to collaborate resources. Being able to get to a webpage directly on a certain research topic would definitely save time for both students and teachers. And, I like the idea of peer reviewed articles being used by students. I still want to check out the NetLibrary and plan to do so if I ever figure out what I need to do to get into it.

No comments: