Jodi Picoult

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 15 Libraries and games

Well, I am not an on-line game lover, and definitely not a virtual game player. However, I did try the Pirate games, and it reminded me of the games my son played (and still does) on his Play Station. Talking to the pirates, via the keyboard is not my thing. I did enjoy the booty games and trying to beat the pirates out of their swords, but I can play those kinds of games anytime, if I feel the need. I also checked out the virtual library game/learning tool, Second Life. I am intrigued by the concept of learning at kiosks about art for an entire quarter or semester or a short hour long learning experience about a certain topic. I can see this happening at a public library where games are one of the reasons patrons visit that library. In our school district computer games are not allowed unless supervised by a staff member, and if it takes as long as it took me to download (at least an hour for the pirates stuff) then it would not be time efficient. I think the students would love this type of learning environment, but our servers would be clogged indefinitely.

No comments: