Jodi Picoult

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing 8 Sharing

Now that is really cool! I created a photo slide cube with picture trail. Adding it to the blog took only 2 tries--it is really easy to use. I had forgotten that I had a picture trail account, and it was fitting that my pictures from Armenia are located there--I am doing a presentation on Armenia tomorrow. I also have an efolio account, and have used it before. Efolio is used by our school counselor and other staff members. I haven't used mine lately because I have a TeacherWeb account that allows me to include the library stuff I want on there. I will post the link. I try to keep that updated with the latest library news from our school. Our school's website is also a useful link for sharing information with our patrons. I have also used Shutterfly and Snapfish for sharing photos and making photo books. I made a photo book of my niece's wedding and several calendars--I would recommend either one of those for picture sharing. What is nice about those is that you can use other family member's photos if they belong to that group. I would also recommend Picture Trail, and I, too, didn't have to buy anything. I just clicked through the ads. It was easy to use, easy to understand. I liked the lazybase and think it would come in handy for those lists of titles (books in a series, etc) that students want access to, as well as other personal lists (recipes for Weight Watcher's, for example). The Big Huge Lab is a great site to play around with pictures and create different formats for the pictures I have taken. I tried the Mosaic Maker and the Badge Maker and can see using them in the future for personal projects I have have. Could also be used for school projects--making 'official looking' badges for our Reading Zone readers comes to mind right now. This is way too much fun--but time to move on.

No comments: