Jodi Picoult

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing 4 Flickr

After playing with Flickr for the past 3 hours, I decided to use the google photo tool--Picasa web albums. I might be able to access this at school under my google account. The ability to save/sort/organize/share photos in either Flickr or Picasa would be very useful for the pictures we take for our school calendar. Right now, the photos are saved on the server in monthly folders. I can see organizing them in the web sharing, saving them (most likely privately, because of data privacy) and then utilizing them when it is time to put the calendar together. I have used Shutterfly and Snapfish to share photos and make cards and books and to order prints on line (very briefly) I think the magnitude of Flickr or Picasa make them a grea tool for saving the photos, to free up space on personal computers, and to keep them safe is an awesome thought. If the photos I take are of scenery, things, and do not contain personal things such as family, friends and students, I don't have a problem sharing them. However I am concerned about sharing pictures of students with the public because of data privacy, and out of respect for the students themselves.

I did upload 18 pictures to the Picasa site, and guess what--you can view them in my slide show. That was so easy. I can't wait to try some things with the reading program at school. It is so much fun to work with pictures on the web, just to see the many ways that you can display the, organize them and share them. I would like to add my "I Love to Read" pictures to this site as well, and share them with all the other reading lovers.

No comments: